Has been a documentary film maker since 1999.
Earlier, she worked with MalayalaManorama and Mathrubhumi, leading Newspapers in Malayalam as feature writer.
Later she joined Asianet, the first satellite television channel in Malayalam and after that she worked with Indiavision, first news channel in Malayalam and Jaihind TV as the Chief Producer.
She had also worked as Chief of Programmes in Jaihind TV, Middle East. She won 14 prestigious awards including one National Award and 7 Kerala State Awards for her documentaries.
01. KANAYI KAZCHAKAL (KanayisArtscape) | 2000 : A brief study of the art and personality of KanayiKunjuraman, India’s foremost contemporary sculptor.
02. DEVIL WORSHIPPERS |2001 : Documentary based on black magic in Kerala -belief and practice.
03. MURIVUNANGATHA BALYANGAL (Wounded Childhood) |2001 : A film on child abuse.
Award - Kerala State Special Jury Award for Best Documentary.
04. NAMUKKUM AVARKKUM IDAYIL (In Between) |2002 : Deals with the cruelty against the animals
Awards - Kerala State Award for Best Documentary on Topical Issues & Kerala Film Critics Award for Best Documentary and Best Director.
05. AVAN (He) | 2003 : A film which explores the world of homosexual sex workers.
Awards - Kerala State Award for Best Documentary / Kerala Film Critics Award for Best Documentary and Best Director / Kerala Film Audience Council Award for Best Documentary and Best Director.
06. MAZHA (Rain) | 2004 : Feel of the monsoons of Kerala.
Award - Kerala State Special Jury Award for Documentary
07. NIZHALUKAL (Shadows) | 2005 : Narrates the story of the broken lives of young victims of sexual abuse and rape.
Awards - Kerala State Award for best Documentary / ALA Film Festival Special Jury Award for Documentary.
08. BHAGYA- SINGER IN A DEMOCRACY| 2006 : Life of a migrant young woman from Karnataka who make a living by singing in trains.
Awards - Kerala State Film and TV Award for Best Documentary / ALA Film festival Award for best Documentary / Atlas - Jeevan fest Award for Best Documentary.
09. OTTAYAL (One woman : alone)| 2010 : Women’s solitary quest for truth.Her name is Dayabai.
Dayabai’s life story,narrated in this film, is a beautiful paradigm of how one person can transform herself and her portion of the world into a meaningful place.
Awards - NATIONAL FILM AWARD -2010/Kerala state award /Special Jury award in John Abraham International Festival for Documentaries and Short Films (Signs) 2011/The Laadly National media award-2011/Selected to Mumbai International Film Festival-2011
10. TRANSLATED LIVES - A Migration Revisited | 2013 : This documentary maps the lives of German nurses -a generation of women who left their homes at tender ages to travel right across the globe to Germany in search of financial security for their families.
Scripted by Paul Zacharia
Awards - Screened at the COMPETITION SECTION OF 11TH INDIAN FILM FESTIVAL, STUTTGART,GERMANY 2014/Screened at the competition section of international documentary film festival,Kerala(IDFFK)/Screened at the competition section of John Abraham International Festival for Documentaries and Short Films(Signs film festival )/Best Documentary Film Award at the 3rd Kolkata Shorts International Film Festival 2014/The Laadly National media award for Gender Sensitivity 2013. participated in Mumbai International Film Festival
11. IN RETURN, JUST A BOOK | 2016 : A Docufiction Inspired by Indian Author PerumpadamSreedharan’s Novel on Fyodor Dostoevsky
The film narrates the real-life instance of how the life and work of Dostoevsky inspired an Indian writer, PerumpadavamSreedharan, to write a novel about him which turned into a major best-seller.
Scripted by Paul Zacharia
SELECTED TO INDIAN PANORAMA NON FEATURE SECTION IN THE 47TH EDITION OF INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF INDIA 2016 AT GOA