RIFFA is looking for experienced volunteers to join our 2023 Festival Programming team! English fluency is required but you may apply from anywhere in the world to join our Programming team. Below is a summary of volunteer responsibilities, time commitments and volunteer roles available. Applications are being accepted now and the latest date you can apply is January 31, 2023. In order to apply please send your resume & an email summarizing why you are interested in joining our volunteer Programming team to email@example.com with the subject line:
“[YOUR NAME] – 2023 Programming Volunteer Application”
Festival programming volunteers’ term will begin immediately and will wrap up by mid-late June 2023.
Programming volunteers are expected to provide 2 hours per week during the term of this agreement, equivalent to approximately 8 hours per month, at times of their choosing.
- PROGRAMMING POSITIONS AVAILABLE
We are looking for:
All “Festival Programmers” will be interviewed at least once by the Director of RIFFA and/or Head of Programming In-Competition films, and they must meet at least one of the following requirements:
1. Completed formal education (diploma, associate degree, degree) in a film or media related field of study
2. At least 3 years of experience in the role of screener, programming associate or programmer with a formally established film festival
3. At least 3 years proven experience in film/art curation/film distribution/script reading and other related experiences
4. Film criticism work, with an active membership with a national/provincial critics association, with 3 years of published work.
FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATES
All “Festival Programming Associates” will be interviewed at least once by the Director of RIFFAand/ or Head of Programming In-Competition films, and must meet at least one of the following requirements:
1. Students enrolled in a film or media related diploma/degree program
2. Entry-level film critics with at least 1 year of published work
3. Self-taught filmmakers/creative professionals with filmmaking experience and solid insight into the art of cinema and curation
The Head of Programming will decide if a volunteer’s past level of experience qualifies them for a Programmer or Programming Associate position.
Festival programming volunteers’ term will begin on or as soon as possible after JANUARY 3, 2023 and will officially end on AUGUST 30, 2023. Most programming volunteer duties will be completed by mid-late June, however programming volunteers may be contacted to assist with final preparations for the festival between July-August.
Programming volunteers agree to provide 2 hours per week during the term of this agreement, equivalent to approximately 8 hours per month over the length of January to June 2022.
- IMPORTANT DATES FOR RIFFA 2023
*Submissions opened on December 5, 2022
*The regular deadline for submissions is March 5, 2023, with late & extended deadlines in April and May 2023
*The festival will run from August 15-19 2023
*The festival will be in a hybrid format.