RIFFA is looking for experienced volunteers to join our 2022 Festival Programming team! English fluency is required but you may apply from anywhere in the world to join our Programming team. Below is a summary of volunteer responsibilities, time commitments and volunteer roles available.
Festival programming volunteers’ term will begin immediately and will wrap up by mid-late June 2022.
Programming volunteers are expected to provide 2 hours per week during the term of this agreement, equivalent to approximately 8 hours per month, at times of their choosing.
We are looking for:
All “Festival Programmers” must be interviewed at least once by the Director of RIFFA or Head of Programming In-Competition films, and they must meet at least one of the following requirements:
1. Completed formal education (diploma, associate degree, degree) in a film or media related field of study
2. At least 3 years of experience in the role of screener, programming associate or programmer with a formally established film festival
3. At least 3 years proven experience in film/art curation/film distribution/script reading and other related experiences
4. Film criticism work, with an active membership with a national/provincial critics association, with 3 years of published work.
Only Festival Programmers can be Category Leads.
FESTIVAL PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATES
All “Festival Programming Associates” must be interviewed at least once by the Director of RIFFA or Head of Programming In-Competition films, and must meet at least one of the following requirements:
1. Students enrolled in a film or media related diploma/degree program
2. Entry-level film critics with at least 1 year of published work
3. Self-taught filmmakers/creative professionals with filmmaking experience and solid insight into the art of cinema and curation
The Head of Programming will decide if a volunteer’s past level of experience qualifies them for a Programmer or Programming Associate position.
Applications are due by March 15, 2022. In order to apply please send your resume & an email summarizing why you are interested in joining our volunteer Programming team to email@example.com with a subject line stating “[YOUR NAME] – Programming Volunteer Application